This easy to use thermoplastic is a great replacement for buckram. It is a steam activated felt like fabric that will not fray, binds to itself, and can be covered with fabrics to provide a rigid base. It is easy to use for blocking, without the sticky residues or drying time. It has multiple creative uses including millinery, masks, theater props, puppets, cosplay, sculptures and costuming. Please see photos for suggested tools for blocking Fosshape on wooden hat blocks.
* Turkey or oven bags to protect you block and a hand held steamer are highly recommended.
* Pressing the fabric while steaming will help increase rigidity.
* Make sure not to pull on fabric when blocking, as this can create thin spots once steamed.
* Expect shrinkage when steaming and leave enough allowance to compensate for the shrinkage.
* Sold by the yard or half yard, measures 44" wide
* Fosshape 400 is slightly thicker than 300. 600 is the thickest.